Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Sewing Project: Navy Blue Dress

It seems like I have been talking about this project for a while now. Regardless, I am happy to finally show you guys how it turned out. I still need to press a couple of things that you might notice but I was so excited about finishing that I went ahead and took the photos anyway. You can see more after the jump.

This dress has turned out to be super comfortable and it's the nicest thing I've probably ever made so far. I love it and I want to live in it. This is all thanks to the muslin I took the time to make. So, when in doubt, always sew a muslin. The sleeves are nice but I tend to roll all my sleeves up during warm weather so I sense that I will be rolling these babies up for most of the time. By the way, excuse the blur on the last photo.
I hope you are all having a lovely Tuesday. 

13 comments:

Tori Clark said...

Oh my gosh, I can't believe you made this! It looks professionally done! I need to work on my sewing skills asap!!


Just to let you know as well, I nominated you for a Liebster Award :) Check out the details on my blog :)

http://www.mythriftychic.com/2012/07/the-liebster-awards.html

devorelebeaumonstre. said...

pretty!


devorelebeaumonstre.com xx

Rroosh Nikac said...

very very very lovely dress!


if you have time can you please check out my latest postwww.lifeisjustrosie.com

ShariGold said...

love this! this dress is super chic. i love solid colors. Your new follower
sharigold from ifb
i hope you follow back
http://mycurlsmyfashion.blogspot.com

amber said...

I love the sheer sleeves! I'm having sewing envy! I would buy that dress at a store!

Xixia Wang said...

Oh my gosh, you made this?? It's beautiful! Navy dresses are a personal favorite of mine because of the rich color - how can it not look good?? ^^
Amazing job - I also really like the sleeves and that additional layer of sheer fabric.








♥ xixia | thisisxixia.com

Jennifer Young said...

wow. so impressive! you look great in it too. sewing is one of the things i wish i picked up on when i was young. :)
j.

Alina Shuff said...

Wow!! You made it? Its so beautiful!! Looks great!
Im following you!




Hugs,


Ali


www.alilooks.com

melanie said...

this is a very pretty dress, I love the color! May I ask what your fabric content is? I've been looking to make something similar and I'm having trouble finding the right fabric

Féenambulle said...

Really beautiful, I love the shape and the fabric you use :)

Molly Rose said...

that is so pretty! I love when I work hard on a project and it turns out exactly how I envisioned it.

Abelia91 said...

this is incredible! so talented xx

Sir David said...

These are truly amongst the wonderful informative blogs.bubblegum casting reviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...